$1,000 SCHOLARSHIP FOR
HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS
The NBCU Scholarship Award is offered to any high school seniors that are members of Norristown Bell Credit Union, have been accepted and are planning to attend college or technical school this fall. The award is granted to one student per year. To apply, the student must submit the following to the NBCU Board of Directors:
- At least two letters of recommendation from his or her teachers that provide information about the student’s curricular and extracurricular activities.
- The student will submit a letter of request to the NBCU Board of Directors stating why he or she should be considered for this award.
- The student will have a senior year grade point average of 2.5 or higher. This is to be verified by the high school via a current transcript. High school counselors may submit confirmation that this requirement is met via e-mail to CUEducationCommittee@nbcu.org
- Submission deadline is the last business day before Memorial Day each year.
To submit the information above for review, please send an email to CUEducationCommittee@nbcu.org. The Board of Directors will review and select the winner from all eligible entries. If any board members’ children submit an application, those Board Members will not be eligible to vote. If you have any questions about this award, please contact NBCU at the e-mail address above.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY CHAPTER OF
CREDIT UNIONS SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
The Montgomery County Chapter of Credit Unions Scholarship Award is available to any Norristown Bell Credit Union member’s child who is a senior in high school and is accepted to attend a college or university this fall. A scholarship of $1,000.00 will be awarded. To apply for this award, the student must meet the following criteria:
Submissions can be sent via mail or in-person to:
- Submit application and at least one letter of recommendation from his or her teacher or counselor and provide information about the student’s curricular and extracurricular activities.
- The student must be a member of one of the participating credit unions.
- The student will submit an essay on, “How my Credit Union can better serve Generation Y Members.”, to the Montgomery County Chapter of Credit Unions Board of Directors. To be eligible, the student must include a confirmation that he or she belongs to a named participating credit union and outline his or her community service activities to date.
- The student will have a senior year grade point average of 3.0 or higher. This is to be verified by the high school or by a copy of a transcript or recent report card.
- Include a copy of 2-year or 4-year accredited college or university acceptance letter.
Montgomery Co. Chapter of Credit Unions Education Committee
C/O Maureen Sagrantz
NORSCO Federal Credit Union
1001 Steigere St.
Norristown, PA 19401
The Board of Directors will select the winner; however, any board members’ immediate family members will not be eligible to apply.
If you have any questions about this award, please contact the Education Committee referencing the Montgomery Co. Chapter of Credit Unions Scholarship via e-mail to email@example.com.